High School at BRIS
The BRIS High School program is a highly selective, college-preparatory offering for high-achieving students in 9th through 12th grade.
Each BRIS student follows a personalized academic plan that is developed collaboratively between our academic team, parents and the student.
Preparation for Life Beyond BRIS
In 9th grade, BRIS students begin their journey on their choice of 3 academic paths toward graduation:
- American high school diploma with honors classes
- American high school diploma with some International Baccalaureate® (IB) certificates or AP
- American High School Diploma with a full IB Diploma
International Baccalaureate® Diploma Programme (DP)
The International Baccalaureate® Diploma Programme is a rigorous two-year course of study designed to meet the needs of highly motivated and academically oriented high school students.
More than just a set of test scores, the IB DP is a premium entrance qualification to universities around the world, recognized for its academic integrity, range, and the high level of study skills each student must develop to succeed. It encourages students to develop skills and knowledge as learners, enabling them to be prepared for life and work in the 21st century, through the promotion of intercultural understanding and respect.
The IB DP Curriculum Model
- Group 1 – Language & Literature
- Group 2 – Language Acquisition
- Group 3 – Individuals & Societies
- Group 4 – Sciences
- Group 5 – Mathematics
- Group 6 – Arts
- The Core: Creativity, Activity & Service (CAS); Theory of Knowledge (TOK); Extended Essay (EE)