Summer Camp at Baton Rouge International School
We are excited to welcome campers to BRIS this summer! Children in PreK – 8th grade can take part in creative, hands-on activities while building their language skills and having fun at our Soaring Through Summer International Camp.
Languages. Chess. Creative Arts. Culture. Coding. Robotics. Sports. Games. Our camp includes the best of traditional summer camp experiences, plus unique thematic learning that caters to all levels of language ability — from beginners to native speakers.
2021 Summer Camp Sessions
- Activities led by teachers and assistants from around the globe
- Immersion French and Spanish instruction
- Culturally based hands-on learning and activities
- Lunches offered by City Hospitality Group
- Middle School includes lessons in coding and robotics from our award-winning Technology team, creative arts, and language instruction
- Camp t-shirt provided
- Bike and water days
Join us for a summer packed with learning and fun at BRIS!
Note: All 2021 Summer Camp sessions are full-day only; no half-day options are being offered at this time.
- All payments to BRIS are final.
- We reserve the right to cancel any camp session that does not meet our minimum capacity requirements. Please email email@example.com if you have any questions about our refund or cancellation policies.
- Camp hours: 8AM – 4PM, 7:30AM drop-off
- Students will go to their designated areas each morning and rotate to and from different activities throughout the day. This time will include two 15-minute snack breaks, along with a 30-minute lunch.
- End of camp pick-up time will be from 3:30-4:00PM. Your camper must be picked up by 4:00pm.
- The adult that picks up the camper MUST sign-out in the sign-out book. Campers will ONLY be released to the individuals on the camper’s registration form (ID required). Only the camper’s legal guardian may add or remove names from this list.
Health & Safety Practices
The health and safety of our campers, their families, and our staff, is our highest priority. In addition to our existing health and safety policies, we will abide by all local and state health and safety guidelines.
BRIS health and safety standards include:
- Required face coverings for staff and campers ages 5 and up; face coverings strongly encouraged for preschool campers
- Daily health screenings for campers and staff
- Regular sanitizing, hand-washing, and daily disinfecting
- Stable, consistent “pods” (campers will only interact with a small set group of other campers, rather than all children at camp)
All of our summer camp teachers and staff are committed to providing a fun, safe, and welcoming camp environment for your child.
Our summer camp teachers come from all over the world and have native-level fluency in the languages they teach. Most are also teachers at BRIS during the school year. They have a wealth of experience working with language learners of all ages and proficiencies.
Also, we have dedicated summer camp teachers and staff certified in CPR and First Aid who will be on-hand daily to help ensure our campers’ health and safety.
Behavior and Safety
We strive to provide a fun and safe environment for all campers. We expect all campers and their families to behave in a safe, appropriate, and friendly manner. If a camper behaves in a way that the staff believes to be unsafe, inappropriate, or unfriendly, we will address the situation by speaking with the child and, if needed, the family. We reserve the right to expel or temporarily exclude a camper for repeated or extreme misbehavior. In the event of expulsion or exclusion, no refund will be issued.
Baton Rouge International School
5015 Autoplex Drive
Baton Rouge, LA 70809
Notice of Nondiscriminatory Policy Regarding Students
The Baton Rouge International School (BRIS) admits students of any race, color, national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, handicapping conditions, national and ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admission policies, scholarship and loan policies, or athletic and other school administered programs. BRIS is an equal opportunity educational institution.
The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the nondiscrimination policies: Vicki Jarrell, Head of School, Baton Rouge International School, 5015 Auto Plex Drive, Baton Rouge, LA 70809, Phone: (225) 293-4338